At the heart of the SB01 lies legendary analog soul. While the SB01 is a new form of synthesizer, it may sound familiar to many–our inspiration was one of the sonic engines that laid the foundation of electronic music. We worked with Open Music Labs to create and carefully hone a 1:1 version of the signature circuits that bring it to life.
A 3340 voltage controlled oscillator feeds into a 4-pole OTA filter that makes for an iconic and unmistakable sound. Make it snap and sing with responsive analog envelopes, modulation, and portamento, or bring in external CV for deeper VCO and VCF control.
For us, true portability meant incorporating fully rechargeable battery power. A generous 16-hour battery life allows for extended usage between charges. In addition, the battery is user-replaceable to ensure an instrument that lasts many years into the future.
- Analog: replica 3340 voltage controlled oscillator and classic 4-pole OTA VCF with discrete envelope- It’s exactly what you think it is.
- Connectivity: USB, MIDI, and CV/gate input and output allow for simple musical interfacing with other synthesizers and modular gear.
- Keyboard: The SB-1 utilizes a newly-developed full-size keyboard based on tactile rubber dome switches for a fast and responsive feel.
- Portability: A precision engineered chassis enables a new form factor that is thinner than one inch, yet rugged enough for everyday portability and use.
- Recharging: The SB-1 is the first ever analog synthesizer to incorporate a rechargeable battery, allowing all-day playability between charges.
- Sequencer: A new dual-layer sequencer allows for synchronized control of a second instrument via CV/gate or MIDI for a dynamic synth duet.