The XP-60 was one of Roland's flagship digital Workstation Synthesizers. With extensive professional features, superb quality PCM sounds, sequencing, effects and more, the XP-60 could be the only synth you may ever need! Compared with other XP- synths, the XP-60 is almost the same as the XP-80 except that XP-80 has a great 76-note semi-weighted keyboard whereas the XP-60 has a standard 61 note keyboard.
Like the XP-80, the XP-60 offers up 64 voices of polyphony and can send on up to 16 MIDI channels simultaneously. The sounds are all digital in nature and sound pretty good too! Though its strengths are the emulation of acoustic instruments, it can create convincing synth-type sounds too. It comes with 16MB of ROM sounds, but there's room for up to four 8MB expansion boards that add Orchestral, Techno, Vintage Synths, World, Bass & Drums and other instrument sets (from the SR-JV80 expansion series).
Bringing up the 'Workstation' end of the XP-60 is a full-fledged on-board MRC Pro sequencer. With a 60,000 note capacity, 100 patterns, and 1 song position - you can create songs, patterns, loops or phrases with relative ease. Other features of the sequencer include Grid, Groove or Shuffle quantization and a built-in disk-drive. A great Arpeggiator is also available. High quality internal effects are provided such as Reverbs, Chorus, Delays and many great multi-effects. There are also digital filters (4-pole, 12dB/oct, HP, LP, BP, Peak) and a ring-modulator for analog-synth type effects, perfect for dance and techno music! A Modulation-Matrix provides up to two LFO-effects for adding motion and life to the sounds. In addition, there are 6 sliders for real-time control.
In a nutshell, the XP-60 is a pure digital synth. Its sounds are virtually the same as the JV-1080, JV-2080, XP-80 and XP-50 synthesizers. And the XP-60 makes a great all-in-one Workstation for any musical application. For a digital instrument, the sounds can be surprisingly expressive and the XP-60 is not reserved for any particular musical genre, other than top-quality music!
- Weighted 61-note music workstation with 64-voice polyphony, 16-part multitimbral capability, velocity/aftertouch sensitivity, GM-compatibility
- 8MB* of high-quality Roland waveforms onboard, expandable to 40MB* using any four of Roland's popular SR-JV80-Series wave expansion boards
- Enhanced 60,000 note MRC Pro Sequencer with refined Groove Quantize, non-stop Loop Recording and Tempo Sync (BPM)
- Advanced Arpeggiator with 33 different styles, velocity-sensitive Realtime Phrase Sequencer (RPS)
- Three powerful, independent built-in effects processors: Chorus, Reverb and EFX (w/ 40 available insert effects)
- Large new 320 x 80 full-dot backlit LCD with acclaimed user interface borrowed from XP-80
- Four Sound Palette sliders for quick, intuitive sound shaping, many dedicated buttons for easy operation
- Four Assignable pedal inputs, Direct and Mix output jacks, Click output
- New MMC compatibility for synchronization with Roland V-Studios, etc.
- Note that this product is no longer in production. Similar capabilities can be found in the Fantom workstation.