Pioneer DJ Toraiz SQUID
Earlier this year, Pioneer DJ's Toraiz department surprised producers and musicians with a new product, unlike anything they've made before. A hardware sequencer meant to be the brains of your operation, featuring tons of connectivity, and many unique features you won't find on others. After a sampler and mono synth, and rumors of other products, a sequencer caught many off guard, but in reality, it actually makes sense.
The SQUID is a multi-track hardware sequencer capable of controlling many different instruments and machines at once, via its various outputs. The layout of the unit provides instant tactile gratification, which allows you to get right into the creative process. It comes with 16 pads that can be used in a multitude of ways, as well as some very interesting knobs and slider to aid in creativity. Connectivity includes MIDI in/out/thru, USB, CV in/out/clock/gate, and din sync in/out.
- Reviewed: Pioneer DJ’s SQUID
- Price: $599 – available in the DJTT store here
- Connections: MIDI In, MIDI Out1, MIDI Thru/Out2; CV1, Gate1, CV2, Gate2; Clock Out, Clock In; DIN Sync Out1, DIN Sync In/Out2; USB Type B
- Step Resolutions: quarter note, eighth note, sixteenth note, twenty-fourth note, thirty-second note
- Dimensions: 14.8 x 8.8 x 2.8 inches
- Weight: 4.2 lbs.
- Power: AC power required; AC adaptor included