Moog MF-108M Cluster Flux
Moog really has a way of going all out with their Moogerfooger line. The attention to detail and amount of features packed in these guitar pedals are always second to none, soaring above and beyond other offerings on the market. Everything from the construction and control knob placement to the obsessive choice of internal components seems painstakingly mulled over to create a product of the utmost quality and functionality. The Moogerfooger MF-108M Cluster Flux is certainly no exception.
Situation Normal, All Fluxed Up
The MF-108M is essentially a chorus, flange, and vibrato unit with an abundance of control parameters for shaping surreal soundscapes and mangling your sound beyond recognition should you so desire. The Cluster Flux uses a pair of rare Panasonic Bucket Brigade Delay chips, chosen for their specific tonal character, in its all-analog delay lines to induce the lush effects the MF-108M has on tap. Its various parameters can be tweaked in realtime with the surface control knobs or via the assortment of expression pedal inputs on the back. And that’s not to mention full MIDI implementation for controlling everything imaginable on the surface and under the hood.
The MF-108M is an instrument of the highest order, a tool for sonic pioneers like the man whose name this pedal bares. Let’s get ourselves into a Cluster Flux to find out if it’s the best chorus/flanger/vibrato pedal around. But first, let’s fun down the features before diving into our Moog Moogerfooger MF-108M Cluster Flux review.
- All-analog signal path.
- Utilizes 2 rare Panasonic Bucket Brigade Delay chips.
- Moog-Moogerfooger-MF-108M-Cluster-Flux-Review-Best-Chorus-Flanger-Vibrato-Pedal-02Control knobs for Delay Time, Delay Feedback, LFO Waveform Selection, LFO Rate, LFO Amount, Drive, Output Level, and Mix.
- Delay Range switch adjusts between Flange and Chorus effects.
- Tap Tempo for controlling LFO Rate.
- ¼” jacks for Audio In, L/Mono Out, R Out, FB Insert.
- ¼” Expression Inputs for Feedback, Time, LFO Rate, LFO AMT, and Mix.
- MIDI Input for controlling all parameters via MIDI.
- Powered by included 9VDC 400mA adapter.