Jomox Alpha Base
Jomox Alpha Base is an analog drum coputer with extensive functions. It contains eleven different instruments, of which the kick and snare circuits are analog. In addition there are six hybrid voices, two purely digital percussion generators and a polyphonic FM synthesizer. Samples can also be recorded with the Alpha Base and played back via 64-step sequencers. In addition, echo and reverb effects are used to fine-tune the sound. In addition to the wealth of functions, the instrument is also equipped with a number of connection options.
Analog Kick and Snare Drum
The circuits of the kick and snare drum of the Jomox Alpha Base are completely analogue. Whereby the snare is a complete MBrane voice, whereby sounds reminiscent of cowbells, tonewoods, toms and other percussion instruments can be created.
Six hybrid voices
Six additional channels generate sounds via sample players in conjunction with metallic noise generators. These sounds can then be edited by analog filters and VCAs. As a special feature, two of these drum voices have VCFs with a slope of -12 dB per octave, specially designed for the generation of hi-hats.
Digital Instruments and Samplers
There are two completely digital channels in the Alpha Base, which also work with samples for sound generation. It is also possible to record short audio snippets of up to four seconds with the Alpha Base. Recorded samples can be used directly or assigned to other sample-based voices. An SD card is required for saving.
Polyphonic FM synthesizer
The Jomox Alpha Base is probably the only drum computer to have an FM synthesizer with four operators. The sixfold polyphony allows not only polyrhythms but also chords and melodies to be played with this instrument. To play the FM synthesizer directly, simply connect a MIDI keyboard to the instrument.
ALPHA BASE FEATURES
- 11 Instruments: Kick, MBrane, Hat, Clap, Rim Shot, Crash, Ride, XSample1 XSample2, FM synth
- Real analog Jomox kick drum
- Real analog Jomox MBrane voice
- 2 coupleable F-OSC for complex analog snare, percussion, bass and tom sounds ranging from 16Hz to 20kHz
- 2 sample based instruments with analog VCA ADSR envelope and/or HH filter
- 4 sample based instruments with analog VCA ADSR envelope and/or resonating multimode filter
- 2 sample based instruments with external sampling input and pure digital playback.
- 1 FM synth with 4 operators and max. 6 voices for percussive sounds.
- Effects delay, reverb with send per instrument
- LFOs: per instrument one LFO (MBrane 2 LFOs) with 64 wave forms
- 250 samples 16 Bit/48kHz in internal flash memory.
- SD card slot for loading of samples.