Elektron Analog Rytm MKII
Elektron has announced that the analog drum machine and sampler Analog Rytm MKII is now shipping. Jonas Hillman, CEO of Elektron, told us, "Analog Rytm MKII is hands down the most powerful analog drum machine and sampler we have ever made. The build quality is second to none. The depth and punch of the analog percussion are stunning. And treating your samples with the gnarly analog filters is just pure bliss."
Here's the story in Elektron's own words...
Analog Rytm MKII is an 8 voice analog drum machine and sampler. By combining analog drum synthesis with a digital sample engine and a sequencer, it offers vast beat sound design possibilities. Sampling with the Analog Rytm MKII is quick and effortless and perfect for adding a customized touch to any beat. General playability is stellar thanks to the large pads, the generous amount of dedicated buttons and the quick performance controls. High bandwidth Overbridge and two expression/CV inputs for external control further strengthen the Analog Rytm MKII case.
The feel and the look of the unit itself are stunning, thanks to the cast aluminum enclosure, the back-lit buttons, the hi-res encoders and the big OLED screen. All in all, the Analog Rytm MKII represents a major leap when it comes to beat making instruments.
Early next year, the Overbridge software suite will become available for Analog Rytm MKII. It offers powerful tools and features when using Analog Rytm MKII with computers, for example, a dedicated VST/AU plugin interface for hardware control and USB audio streaming of the eight internal analog audio tracks.
Analog Rytm MKII specifications
- 8 drum voices, each with: 1 × selectable analog percussion sound generator, 1 × sample playback engine, 1 × analog multi-mode filter, 1 × analog overdrive circuit, 1 × filter envelope, 1 × amp envelope, 1 × assignable LFO
- Analog Distortion and Compressor master FX
- Delay and Reverb send FX
- Sampling capability
- 1 GB internal sample storage on +Drive
- Quick Performance controls
- Live friendly Elektron sequencer
- 1 × ¼" headphones output
- 2 × ¼" impedance balanced main output
- 8 × ¼" impedance balanced mono voice output
- 2 × ¼" balanced sampling input
- 2 × ¼" external input
- 2 × ¼" expression/CV input
- 1 × USB 2.0 High-Speed port
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports with DIN Sync Out
- Ultra crisp 128 × 64 OLED screen
- Precise hi-res encoders
- Durable back-lit buttons
- W385 × D225 × H82 mm (15.2 × 8.85 × 3.3") including knobs, power switch and rubber feet
- Weight approximately 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs)
- Fully compatible with Analog Rytm MKI projects/data