The Dave Smith Instruments OB-6 Polysynth is a collaborative project between Dave Smith and Tom Oberheim. Two of synths biggest legends coming together to create a truly beautiful 6-voice polyphonic synthesizer. The OB6 as it's name suggests heralds from the vintage OB series of analogue synthesizers created by Tom Oberheim, drawing inspiration from the original SEM modules that were the main building blocks of the 4 voice and 8 voice oberheim synths.
Each voice includes two oscillators with triangle, sawtooth and variable pulse waves all with continuously variable waveshapes, each voice also includes a sub oscillator and powerful cross modulation capabilities. The filter circuitry is heavily inspired by Tom Oberheim's state variable filter circuitry, proving the smooth brassy tone that enthusiasts adore so much.
OB6 includes an incredible 64-step polyphonic sequencer, with a simple UI and a high degree of flexibility and clocking options. The effects section is also full featured, providing accurate digital emulations of the legendary phase and ring mod circuits.
OB-6 represents decades of engineering prowess and synthesis knowledge, a modern classic.
- 49 Semi-weighted keys with velocity and after-touch
- 500 Factory and 500 user presets in 10 banks
- Analogue signal path
- Two discrete VCOs + sub-oscillators per voice with continuously variable waveforms
- Classic SEM inspired variable filter (low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch) per voice
- Digital dual effects section with 24 bit / 48 kHz resolution including reverb, delay, chorus and Tom Oberheims Phase Shifter and ring modulator
- Multi-mode arpeggiator and polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps (up to 6 marks per step)
- Cross modulation
- LED display
- Pitch and Modulation wheel
- 2 Line-outputs: 6.3 mm jack
- Stereo headphone output: 6.3 mm jack
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- 2 Pedal inputs
- 2 Foot-switch inputs
- Integrated power adapter
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 807 x 323 x 117 mm
- Weight: 9.5 kg