Audio Damage - Mangleverb
What happens when you combine a thick reverb, a filter, an envelope follower, an LFO, and a VCA? We wanted to know. The results are surprisingly useful. Mangleverb can be used as a filter, reverb, transient shaper, rhythmic gate, LPF gate, tempo-synced VCA, and any combination thereof. It is, for all intents and purposes, a Swiss Army Knife, for both wild sonic destruction and more utilitarian production work.
Want to make a cool smooth-shaped verby kick? No problem. A 16th-note stutter gate? Gotcha. A plain ol-fashioned funky duck envelope follower? We can do that. A huge 80s "Pour Some Sugar on Me" gated snare 'verb? Although we're not sure why you'd want to do that, with Mangleverb it is alarmingly easy.
Mangleverb has an updated version of the reverb algorithm from our long-deceased Deverb plug-in, along with our most popular analog filter model, an incredibly sophisticated LFO and envelope follower, sidechain input, a full I/O section, and just in case you want to replace your tweeters, a feedback knob. In short, the question isn't "what does it do?" but rather "what doesn't it do?"
- Simple-to-use algorithmic reverb that can be either pre- or post-filter/VCA.
- A monster resonant filter model with lowpass, bandpass, and highpass modes, and a drive circuit for gritty distortion.
- Sophisticated tempo-synced LFO with waveshaper to create all common (and some uncommon) modulation shapes.
- Envelope follower with internal, LFO, sidechain input, and MIDI trigger modes.
- Feedback path and modulated VCA for final signal taming.
- Overview video on Youtube.