ASM Hydrasynth Desktop
The ASM Hydrasynth Desktop has the same great sound engine as the Hydrasynth Keyboard. The sound engine is a sound designers dream synth as well as a performing musicians ideal. The sound engine is designed for maximum flexibility. At the same time, we designed the user interface in a way to allow you to edit the patch quickly with a minimal amount of paging and many workflow shortcuts.
Utilizing an advanced wavetable synthesis engine, 3 Oscillators, dual Wave Mutators and 2 filters that can be configured in series or parallel, the tone generating capabilities are unmatched.
As for the performance capabilities, The Hydrasynth Desktop / Rack has 24 polyphonic pressure touch pads so that you can play the unit without needing to connect a keyboard or other controller. Using multiple pad layout modes as well as quick to access scale modes, the Hydrasynth Desktop / Rack is easy to make music on.
The Hydrasynth Desktop / Rack comes with rack ears so that you can mount it in a standard 19" rack.
The tone generation capability is the heart of any synthesizer. The 3 oscillators allow you to choose from a selection of 219 single cycle waveforms.
Wavemorphing is a feature usually found on synths with preset wavetables. Creating user wavetables is arduous or downright impossible. Unlike most wavetable synths, our oscillators 1 & 2 have our WAVELIST mode. This mode allows you to pick and choose 8 waves, from our bank of 219, arrange them in the order you want, and then morph from one to another.
If oscillators and tone generators are the heart of a synthesizer, the filters are the soul. The Hydrasynth has two filters that can be configured in series or parallel. The first filter has 11 different filter models, giving you multiple options for tailoring your sound. The second filter is a 12db per octave has a continuous sweep from Low pass to bandpass to high pass, similar to the way the classic SEM filter worked.
The modulation capabilities on the Hydrasynth are endless. With 32 user definable modulation routings, you will have plenty of ways to use the 29 modulation sources and 155 modulation destinations.
Almost everything in the synth engine can be a modulation destination including the effects and arpeggiator. The Modulation matrix points themselves can also become modulation destinations.
Modulation sources & destinations include the CV Mod In & Out jacks as well as MIDI CC’s.
The effects chain goes beyond the typical ones found in other synths. Pre-effects and post-effects give you some unique ways to process your sound.
The delays and reverbs were modeled on some of the most popular effects on the market. The effects are the perfect way to complete your sound, in the box.
Digital Wave-Morphing Synthesizer
- 24 Touch- and velocity-sensitive pads
- 8 Voice polyphony - monotimbral
- Fully polyphonic aftertouch
- Arpeggiator includes Ratchet, Chance, Gate and Swing (8 modes in total)
- 3 Oscillators with 219 single-cycle waveforms
- WaveScan parameters for modulating via wavetables
- Wavelist mode for blending up to 8 wavetables
- 8 Custom Wavelists per oscillator
- Mixer includes Noise Generator and Ring Modulator
- 2 Filters: series or parallel
- Filter 1 includes 11 different filter models (12 & 24 dB Ladder, Ladder Vintage, HP, LP, Vocal, etc.)
- Filter 2: 12 dB (SEM-style) per octave, includes Continuous Sweep from lowpass, bandpass, up to highpass)
- Modulation matrix
- 5 DAHDSR envelopes
- 5 LFOs
- LFOs include Delay, Fade In, 3 Trigger Modes, Smoothing, Start Phase, One Shot Mode
- 5 Banks with 128 patches each - 256 of which are factory patches
- CV-Gate inputs and outputs
- Supports all common CV/GATE standards
- Clock input and output
- 8 High-resolution encoders, including LED rings
- USB (USB MIDI In/Out)
- MIDI: In/Out/Thru
- Pre- and post effects for unique sound editing possibilites
- Dimensions: 440 x 223 x 70 mm
- Weight: 3.6 kg