DSI Mopho SE
It’s a Bigger Badder Mopho!
Mopho SE builds upon the same award-winning analog, subtractive synth voice architecture of the Mopho and packages it in an ideally sized, three-and-a-half-octave, portable package. Use it to create the same huge basses, creamy leads, and percolating sequences that made the original Mopho everyone’s favorite micro mono synth.
The Mopho Sings!
The Mopho SE voice is composed of two analog oscillators, two sub octave generators, selectable 2- or 4-pole famed Curtis low-pass filter, three 5-stage envelope generators, four LFOs, a re-latchable arpeggiator, and a 16 x 4 step sequencer. Its voice also comes packed with 20 modulation sources and almost 50 destinations!
FM the filter to create metallic bell-like sounds and use the feedback path to add subtle or destructive harmonic content to your sound. Process external audio through the Mopho’s voice and add some analog warmth to any source. Mopho SE’s 100% analog signal path is powerful, monstrous, and sonically dynamic!
Ready to Gig and Fun to Play!
Mopho SE is intuitive and inviting. Every parameter is fully programmable and editable from the front panel. The controls are logically laid out, lending themselves to quick access so you can tweak knobs without missing a beat.
The SE’s full sized 44-note semi-weighted keyboard has aftertouch and velocity sensitivity. The sturdy full sized pitch and mod wheels are freely assignable and sport smooth reliable action.
It Grows with You
Expand Mopho SE’s polyphony using it’s Poly Chain port. Mopho, Tetra, and Prophet ’08 can all be connected to the SE to increase its voice count. You can Poly Chain up to three Tetras with Mopho SE to create a 13 voice analog super synth!
The Mopho SE!
Designed and manufactured in San Francisco, Mopho SE has the high quality sound and build for which DSI is renowned. From its feature packed analog voice and unmatched sonic versatility to its refined design and engaging interface, you won’t find a monophonic analog synthesizer like this anywhere else.
Mopho SE Specifications
- 100% analog signal path
- Two oscillators capable of producing sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle, and variable pulse width square waves, with hard sync
- Two sub-octave generators (one octave below oscillator 1 and two octaves below oscillator 2)
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2- or 4-pole) with audio rate modulation, self-oscillating in 4-pole mode
- Analog VCA
- Three envelope generators (ADSR plus delay)
- Feedback loop with programmable level and gain
- White noise generator
- 4 LFOs
- Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- Full-sized, 44-note (F to C), semi-weighted keyboard action with velocity and aftertouch
- Full-sized modulation wheel and spring-loaded pitch wheel
- Fully programmable with 3 banks of 128 user programs (384 total)
- USB type B receptacle
- MIDI In, Out/Thru, and Poly Chain
- Left and Right audio outputs: 1/4? phone jack (unbalanced)
- Audio Input: 1/4? phone jack (unbalanced)
- Sustain pedal input (accepts normally on or off momentary footswitch with 1/4? phone plug)
- Expression pedal/control voltage (3.3 VDC max.) input (1/4? TRS phone jack)
- Headphone output: 1/4? TRS stereo phone jack
- Dimensions: approximately 25.2? L x 11.1? W x 3.6? H (64 cm x 28.2 cm x 9.1 cm)
- Weight: 13.25 Lbs
- Power supply for 100V – 240V AC operation
- Operation manual
- Free software editor for Mac OS and Windows available from SoundTower