DSI Mopho Keyboard
Block AdSense 1
The Sound and the Power of Mopho—with Keys
The Mopho Keyboard is a compact and affordable—but powerful—monophonic analog synthesizer. The voice architecture is similar to a single voice of the Prophet ’08, but with a couple of twists to distinguish it from its award-winning sibling. We have added two sub-octave generators—one per oscillator—for additional girth and crushing basses. It also has an audio input that lets you process external audio and mix Mopho’s own audio output back in pre-filter for feedback effects that can range from subtle distortion to extreme skronk. It features the same semi-weighted keyboard action as the Prophet ’08.
The Mopho Keyboard’s voice architecture features two oscillators, two sub-octave generators, selectable 2- or 4-pole low-pass filter, feedback, and a ton of modulation options, including three envelope generators, four LFOs, and a 16 x 4 step sequencer. It has a full-sized, semi-weighted, 32-note keyboard with velocity and aftertouch and full-sized pitch and modulation wheels. The Poly Chain feature enables expanded polyphony using other DSI synths. For example, combining a Mopho Keyboard with a Tetra results in a very portable five-voice poly synth. Other features include USB and the ability to process external audio through Mopho’s filter and VCA.
The Mopho Keyboard is fully programmable and all the parameters are logically arranged for easy access on the front panel. A free editor is also available for Mac OS and Windows to facilitate programming.
The Mopho Keyboard delivers classic analog sound in a remarkably compact package and—perhaps best of all—it’s affordable!
- Affordable, fully programmable mono synth with a 100% analog signal path.
- Classic, real analog sound—including legendary Curtis analog low-pass filter.
- Full-sized keys with velocity and aftertouch.
- USB connectivity.
- Measures approximately 18.65? L x 11.1? W x 3.6? H (47.4 cm x 28.2 cm x 9.1 cm) and weighs under 10 pounds (~4.5 kg).
Mopho Keyboard Specifications
- Monophonic analog synthesizer
- 100% analog signal path
- Two oscillators capable of producing sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle, and variable pulse width square waves, with hard sync
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2- or 4-pole) with audio rate modulation, self-oscillating in -4-pole mode
- Analog VCAs
- Three envelope generators (ADSR plus delay)
- Two sub-octave generators (one octave down and two octaves down)
- Feedback loop with programmable level and gain
- White noise generator
- 4 LFOs
- Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- 32-note (F to C) semi-weighted keyboard action with velocity and aftertouch
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel
- Fully programmable with three banks of 128 programs (384 total)
- Free downloadable software editor for Mac OS and Windows
- USB type B receptacle
- MIDI In, Out/Thru, and Poly Chain
- Audio input: 1/4? unbalanced
- Left and Right audio outputs: 1/4? unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input
- Expression pedal/control voltage (3.3 VDC max.) input
- Headphone output: 1/4? stereo phone jack
- Dimensions: approximately 18.65? L x 11.1? W x 3.6? H (47.4 cm x 28.2 cm x 9.1 cm)
- Weight: 9.4 lb. (4.25 kg)
- Power supply for 100V – 240V AC operation and operation manual.
- Free software editor for Mac OS and Windows available from SoundTower